About the Episode
In the lead up to the 2020 General Election, Peter and Emily talk about concerning trends in the Trump administration’s recent executive orders, federal regulations, Peter discusses some recommended watching and reading and they both share their hopes for the election.
Hosts & Guests
- Emily Kurze, United States of Agitation host & producer
- Peter Kurze, United States of Agitation host
Learn more about our hosts and guests on our Hosts page.
Resources & Links
Below you’ll find links to any books or resources we mention in the episode.
- ‘Stunning’ Executive Order Would Politicize Civil Service – October 22, 2020, Erich Wagner – Government Executive
- In a striking move, State Department plans to label 3 large human rights groups as anti-Semitic – October 22, 2020, Ron Kampeas and Ben Sales – Jewish Telegraphic Agency
- U.S. weighs labeling leading human rights groups ‘anti-Semitic’ – October 21, 2020, Nahal Toosi – Politico
- Watch: Trump Administration and Federal Deregulation – June 5, 2018 – Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) delivered the opening keynote address at an event hosted by the Coalition for Sensible Safeguards about the effects of the Trump administration’s federal deregulation. She talked about what she called the safety and protections provided by regulations, and said that the collective impact of the Trump administration’s deregulatory efforts were damaging to the American people and rooted in corruption.
- Book Recommendation: The Fifth Risk: Undoing Democracy – Michael Lewis
- Jennifer Cohn – Election security advocate, writer and attorney. Twitter @jennycohn1